Friday, June 7, 2013

Race #46 Lord Hill 50K

Race #46 Lord Hill 50K
OH Lord Hill!
     This race took place on February 24th, so as you can see I am a little behind on my race reports.  Part of the reason for this problem is that I am scheduled to run 16 races this season so it is difficult to keep up with the reports as it seems like I am doing a race every weekend.  One of my youth group kids asked me where I was this last Sunday and I told him I was at a race, and he said "didn't you have one last weekend?"  I said no but it does seem like I am racing like every other weekend.

  I went to the Lord Hill race by myself.  This is a new experience for me because usually my wife comes to almost every race of mine, she is a great support.  I did not know what to expect from this race before I got there.  This was the first run of the year for the Evergreen Trail running series.  I wanted to see where I stood with this group of runners.  I arrived as early as I could but by the time I arrived I had to park up the hill because all the parking was already filled.  This is one thing I have noticed about ultrarunners they are not late very often, most of the time they are early.  So I arrived at the start and put my cooler of ultra stuff at the aid station.

The race started and I was off with a group of runners.  I was running with someone I had met at the Cascade Crest 100, Sophia Walker, I stayed with her for a bit until we got to OH Lord Hill.  This race is difficult to say the least.  We got the privilege of going up Lord Hill 3 times I think and every single time it was a chore.  It is a short very steep hill, you have hands on knees by the time you get to the top of the hill.  The rest of the course was pretty basic, a lot of great trails but because it was February it was wet and muddy and I was very happy that I had worn my Montrail Mountain Masochist shoes because they kept my feet dry.

For the sake of the amount of race reports I need to catch up on I will keep this short.  I finished in 6 hours 18 minutes and 8 seconds, 30th place out of 62 runners.  It was a very hard race and not really one I think that I will do again anytime soon but I finished it and that is what counts.
Top of the Oh Lord Hill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment